We are recruiting for Registered Nurses (RGN’s) to join our growing team who will be working on a bank basis across Leeds.
Working hours are flexible either over a 6 hours shift pattern or over 12 hours.
- Hold a First Level qualification and current NMC Registration.
- Must have an in date DBS registered on the update service or be willing to carry out a new check.
- Have a minimum of 6 months experience post nursing qualification experience
- Must have a sound knowledge of the care planning process and its practical application.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety, particularly Moving and Handling techniques, Fire Safety and COSHH.
- Must also have good leadership or a willingness to develop leadership and build working relationships with clients.
- Responsible for high standards of care by undertaking accurate assessment and planning of care, delivery and ongoing evaluation of care plans, together with appropriate hand-over, to ensure all residents needs are continuously met.
- Act at all times in line with NMC Code of Professional Conduct & maintain registration requirements.
- Responsible for the effective deployment and supervision of staff within the care team, ensuring all tasks are completed during the period of duty and residents receive required care.
- Undertake nursing tasks including distribution of medication, dressings, catheterisation, tube feeding and management of chronic medical conditions.
- Provide staff support, demonstration and instruction of care activities, particularly in relation to the induction and mentoring of new staff.
- Contribute and attend staff meetings and training sessions.
- Liase with health and social care professionals involved in the wellbeing of individual residents to maintain a holistic approach to their care.
- Advise families of residents and GP’s of any changes in condition, which gives rise to concern and keeps them informed and involved in choices for ongoing care.
- Practice safe systems of work across the range of tasks and in particular moving and handling of residents, by assessing risk and having due regard for personal safety and safety of residents, visitors and staff.
- Understand personal responsibilities in relation to the Health and Safety at Work Act and fire safety and evacuation procedures and demonstrates a working knowledge of COSHH assessments applicable in own area of work.
- Act courteously towards residents and their visitors, respecting the dignity and individuality of each resident.
- Contribute fully to team-working, responding positively to colleagues and actioning all reasonable work instructions promptly
|Salary||Competitive Rates Apply|