Thorough Recruitment is currently recruiting on behalf of an established healthcare provider in York for carers and healthcare assistants to work in residential and nursing homes based in York in the areas of Acomb, Strensall and Fulford
The purpose of the role is essentially to provide high quality residential care for the elderly and young adults living with mental health and learning difficulties
– Must be self-motivated and organised.
– Flexible and Caring.
– Sensitive to the needs of others and to the sick or infirm.
– An active team player towards other care workers and clients and must be able to work on own initiative.
– Posses good communication skills.
– Must have a valid DBS certificate issued within 6 months or must be willing to undergo a new DBS check.
-To provide personal care and support to Clients with a wide range of health care needs, illnesses as well as disabilities
-To help in the promotion of mental and physical activity of clients through interactions, taking them out, sharing with them in activities such as reading, writing, hobbies and recreation.
-To help in the promotion of the personal hygiene needs of clients by assisting with washing up, laundry and engaging in other house hold management tasks.
-Provide mobility assistance to clients where necessary through the safe use of manual handling devices or equipment.
-Provide assistance with medication administration where necessary.
-To maintain accurate, concise, up-to-date and timely records of clients in their care documents.
-Assist in meeting the diet and nutritional needs of clients in accordance with their care plans.
|Salary||Competitive Rates Apply|